Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Munchies

Photobucket
For breakfast, I made some gluten-free chocolate muffins. Well, they were supposed to be muffins, but I'm going to have to call them cupcakes, since they were so chocolatey. They turned out light and cakey and very good, so I'll share the recipe with you.

GF Chocolate Cupcakes

1/3 c. melted butter
2/3 c. milk with 1 tsp. lemon juice
2/3 c. water
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. brown rice flour
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/3 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sucanant
3/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400. Grease or line muffin tins. Mix first 4 ingredients thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients. Bake 13-15 minutes.
Variation: If you want, replace chocolate chips with nuts and reduce sucanat to 1/3 cup. Then you can call them muffins. ;)

Michelle's muffin tin dinner theme today was "Choose Your Own Theme." Since we are learning about Nevada for our state study, our chosen theme is Nevada.
Photobucket
Desert tortoise - apple, Gold - carrots, Tumbleweed - spaghetti;
Cactus - celery, Silver - banana, Dinosaur bone - bok choy

I had leftovers from last night's supper, rice pasta with cheese sauce served with sauteed swiss chard and roasted baby beets, carrots, and onions on a bed of sauteed baby beet greens.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I love your state inspired tin! so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! We're also doing a state theme, but with several different states, and Nevada is one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those muffins look SO yummy!!! I haven't seen that book. You keep giving me great book ideas. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if my kids would like bok choy? I love that you did a state theme! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a theme. I should be writing down all these ideas for next time. Those muffins looks delicious too, as does your dinner.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete