Saturday, May 2, 2009

Getting Caught . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. and. . . Vittles For Littles: Strawberry Butter

I've been trying to do some math and reading with Miah and Larkin in the morning instead of trying to cram everything in when Zahana and Rohan are napping. It's nice getting things done before lunch, but what do you think Zahana and Rohan do during that time?

Get into some mischief, of course. When I caught them, Zahana immediately blamed Rohan.
"Rohan! Spoon. In it."
Sure, Zahana. Rohan got the chocolate out of the cupboard and the spoons out of the drawer all by himself. And put the chocolate all over you too, I'm sure.
The look on Rohan's face reminded me of another picture taken 5 years ago when Miah was just Rohan's age.

That's Miah, up on the table, getting into the butter. And getting caught. I love that picture.
Speaking of butter. Zahana made us some scrumptious strawberry butter. Want to make some too?
You need:
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 c. strawberry jam
1/8 c. fresh strawberries


Dump the butter into your mixing bowl.


Measure jam and add to bowl.


Beat until smooth.


Chop strawberries fairly small.


Stir everything together.


Spread on bread.


Devour!


As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

3 comments:

  1. Adorable little chefs you have there!

    Strawberry butter sounds delish :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so much. And so does Grandma. I LOVE all of your pictures and I can't wait to get to know your kiddos one day. And eat some of the food you guys make! It always looks like it came out of a magazine and makes me feel like I need to up my plate presentation :)

    Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete