Monday, April 13, 2009

MTD - Parmesan Eggplant


No theme today. Celery with ranch. Rice with Parmesan eggplant. Fried dandelions. Carrots with ranch.

Parmesan Eggplant
Slice an eggplant into 1/4" - 1/2" slices. Spread each slice on both sides with your choice of mayo or salad dressing. I personally like Light Miracle Whip. I've also tried regular Hellman's mayonnaise, but it doesn't give as much flavor and makes it greasy. In a bowl, dump in some Parmesan cheese and sprinkle in some basil. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper are also good options. Dredge eggplant slices in cheese mixture. Lay on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Turn, and bake 8 more minutes. Serve with rice.

Oh, and go enter my giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of frying up dandelions... I'll have to let that one sink in a bit before I decide if I'm willing to give a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fried dandelion idea--I think we'll go pick some tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I printed out the fried dandilions for later. My kids will love that once the flowers start coming out around here. :) Great tin!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracle Whip is my favorite! It's my secret ingredient for stuffed eggs! Shhhh...!;-)

    (I followed your link from Her Cup Overfloweth.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much more creative food than I ever come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete