Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Little Graduation

Rohan has moved on. He no longer finds placing simple shapes on a wooden rod challenging. He has graduated to using the nuts and bolts board Jeremiah made out of airplane parts.



And he wanted to try pouring rice. I was very surprised how well he did. The rice actually went where he intended it to go. When he spilled a bit, he would stop and look at me and say, "Uh-oh." And wait for me to clean it up. It was very cute.



But after a while, he decided he'd eat the rice. . .


. . . and drop it on the floor.

Oh well, we can't have him growing up too fast. :)

I asked Jeremiah to make this moon game for Rohan since he likes to balance things.


Rohan didn't take to it like I expected him to. He likes to kick it over and build towers with the cylinders and then kick the towers over. Such a boy!


The other kids like to balance the cylinders on the moon part though.


Don't think it's all quiet work around here, though. There's plenty of rough and tumble fun too!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am totally in love with then nuts and bolts board!! We've had a wooden one before but the stainless steel would go with the activity board project I'm working on for Baby M right now :) Sorry it has taken me so long to come by and answer your question about the Thomas bday cake, I've been on a bit of an unintentional bloggy break *grin*. I actually didn't make it. I got it from my one of the local grocery stores. It would have been easy to do but I needed the Thomas & track set and I had to buy the cake to get it. LOL.
    Rosina

    ReplyDelete